Frequently Asked Questions
- Type of TV? Ultra Slim, LED, UHD, SUHD, 4K, QLED? – All current TV technology uses a variation of LED technology. They vary according to thinness, resolution, contrast ratio, panel dimming, motion rate and more. We recommend any new TV purchase be 4K ready for the upcoming technology. We do unique and custom TV installs including over fireplaces.
- Size of TV? Due to HD programming, sitting distances can be closer than with the older CRT TVs. A good rule of thumb is to purchase the largest screen possible, yet not too large where you will feel you are sitting in the 1st row of a movie theater. Learn more about family friendly home theater design here, including how and where you want to have the TV mounted.
- Do I need Surround Sound? A large screen is only half the experience. A good surround system will allow you to “feel” the action. Whether it’s a car chase, exploding planets or even a subtle rain storm, surround sound allows for the “you are there” experience.
- Can I play different music in different rooms? Yes, we can dedicate a player for each room that can be operated independently of each other. That said, you can easily “group” rooms (zones) and control the volume independently.
- Why use a custom integrator? A custom integrator such as All Media Consultants can recommend products that we know work well together. An experienced integrator knows best how to professionally run cabling within walls, integrate all the components, custom program a universal remote and train you on how to use your new system.
- Do you offer outdoor audio video systems and installation? We sell and install outdoor flat panels and soundscape for outdoor living. We can implement quality surround sound and HD TV sets for great outdoor experiences.
- I am looking for home and outdoor audio system what do you recommend? Depends on specific needs (number fo rooms, size, yard size, pool, etc.), we offer different brands to answer those needs. One of our most popular brands and audio systems is the Sonos® Wireless HiFi System. The system works in single room as well as the entire house. The system offers indoor and outdoor speakers, providing wall-to-wall HiFi sound. You can control all the music with free apps for Android®, iPhone® or iPad®.
- What area do you service? Our main service area is Northern and Central NJ and NYC. We provide audio and video installation, repair and maintenance for home and office in Morris, Essex, Passaic, Bergen, Union, Hudson and other NJ counties. Out customers located in Short Hills, Maplewood, Millburn, Springfield, Summit, Chatham, Madison, Livingston, Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, New Providence, Florham Park, Warren, Morristown, Teaneck, Tenafly, Paramus, Hackensack, Englewood, and all surrounding towns.